Friday, January 9, 2015

The Details....

My dad was diagnosed with ALS in the fall of 2014. I remember him always wanting us to go and do some physical activity when I would visit him or he would visit me, since we didn't live in the same state. I never felt very confident about my ability to succeed at physical activity, but I ran and skied and hiked and skated nonetheless. I'm glad I did and I'm glad he did. 

To honor him, challenge myself and to raise money for ALS research, I've committed to trying at least one new adventurous physical activity each month of 2015. 

I welcome suggestions! I'm not super with heights, so my caveat is that skydiving and bungee jumping are out, but I'm committed to pushing myself out of my comfort zone, so feel free to post other suggestions. 

Hope you'll find inspiration to challenge yourself as well and, if you're so inclined, to contribute to the ALS Association. A link to my fundraising page is http://tinyurl.com/kdobnhq.

No comments:

Post a Comment